Toftech were looking to implement a marketing strategy that would draw in prospects and convert leads into clients. As a company they hadn’t worked with a marketing agency before, so they needed a sturdy, expert hand to guide them through how marketing could work for them. As a company, they are experts in IT – with their founder, Chris Toft, continuously gaining qualifications and certifications to help his clients.
They were already working with local businesses; however, they had the capacity to scale-up and were hungry to grow their business and their client base. They also wanted to further their reach, extending their client base from Exeter to a ten-mile radius, from Taunton to Paignton, for Outsourced IT, and nationally/internationally for Website Development, Server Infrastructure Consultancy and Programme Builds.
Toftech sought guidance and assistance from Roots to Market to plan and implement their marketing strategy. Roots highlighted that in order to gain more traction, the brand needed to be established in the wider business area and proposed doing this through brand development and marketing. Roots worked with Toftech to understand what each of their markets was looking for, what their barriers are, where they are likely to go to hear about IT providers and how to engage them and convert them into clients.
Roots proposed reaching out to and engaging potential clients in the following ways:
- Creating and circulating engaging creative content, including blog posts, on the various services that Toftech offered and pain points that potential clients may be feeling e.g. the cost of Outsourced IT.
- Creating a targeted Social Media campaign. This would include pushing curated and creative content on their Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter platforms and creating sponsored content and InMails on Facebook and LinkedIn respectively to alert people to offers and the services offered by Toftech.
- Writing PR articles for local publications, including Grow Magazine, to further their reach in the local area.
- Creating a newsletter to further engage prospects already in their pipeline, this would include a blog post, curated content, services and special offers.
With the implementation of a tactical Social Media Strategy, from November to February, Toftech’s social media channels and website saw an impressive increase in reach and engagement:
- LinkedIn impressions rose from 465 to 700 within the first month of working together – a 50% increase.
- Before working with Roots, the highest number of visits to Toftech’s Twitter profile was 42, Roots helped to raise this to 117 in just a month – a 178% increase.
- Before working with Roots, their highest Facebook reach was 382, through paid ads and sponsored content, Roots helped to raise this to a peak of 12,310 – a 3122% increase.
- Website visitors grew from 32 to 131 – 309% increase.
Toftech have widen their reach in the surrounding area since working with Roots to Market and now have a pipeline of opportunities to nurture and develop into closed clients.
“From the outset Roots were very organised and professional. They covered all areas from brand awareness to the different avenues of direct and social marketing that would be beneficial to Toftech.
Their knowledge and expertise in targeting campaigns across various platforms has shown a huge increase in traffic across the various social platforms and to the website.
I would highly recommend their services for increasing your reach and opportunities for your business.”
Chris Toft, Founder & CEO