Does your marketing approach need a shake up? Tired of sending out the same old fluff and seeing the same low ROI? Then this guide is for you.
We’ve put together 4 lessons to help you think differently about your marketing strategy, ultimately resulting in more sales and long lasting relationships with your ideal customer.
Be brave and look closer at the numbers
Shy away from the nitty gritty of your target numbers no more! Grab those numbers by the horns and start making the profit you deserve.
Ask yourself these questions:
- How much needs to come from renewal or existing customers?
- Is marketing responsible for delivering a target of qualified leads?
- Do you know the conversion rate from a marketing qualified lead (MQL) vs a sales qualified lead (SQL)?
Start from a place of enlightenment! Get these numbers in place. Now.
Be brave with your content
We’ve all heard that famous quote: ‘Content is King’. Your customers want to know about your products, your opinions and how all of it makes a difference for them and their business.
Read these stats:
- 70% of consumers feel more connected to brands with CEOs that are active on social
- 64% of consumers want brands to connect with them
- 86% of buyers will pay more for a better customer experience
And read them again. Then have a look at what’s missing from your current content and dare we say it… idea storm!
Be brave with your targeting
Heard of the “sneezer effect”? Enough is enough!
We all like to feel special. The trouble with ‘catch-all’ marketing and aiming for a broad appeal is that you actively alienate the people who need your product most and instead, focus on casting a wide-net and filling it with fairly uninterested fish.
- Refining your market and personas
- Getting really focused on said market and personas
- Thinking about Account Based Marketing (ABM)
Who wants to spend all their time and effort convincing everyone to like you, when you could preach to the almost converted instead?
Be brave with your delivery
Marketing trends come and go, but creativity endures. It’s tough to stand out in a fast-paced attention economy. When everybody’s talking, why should they listen to you?
Most of us carry around a super powerful computer in the palm of our hands that targets us with advertisements based on our preferences. There’s no shortage of content out there, but how often does it make you think, you know what, I want to discover more about this?
Have a look at the way you currently deliver your content and see if you can apply these 3 small changes:
- People are smarter than you think – don’t over-explain
- Incorporate clever print into your campaigns
- Use your competitor’s campaigns as examples but try and analyse what could have been done better or more creatively
It’s all in the delivery.